Tuesday, April 10, 2012

April 10th Listing

As I update my etsy page each day, I'm also planning on updating this blog daily (or as close to daily as I have time for).

today's listing is a pair of sterling silver drop earrings featuring two green resin pendants and two swarovski crystals:


So far, my etsy views have hit over 70 for this week because of my daily listings. As I said before, this is a huge improvement from the one view a week my shop was receiving.

In other news, I've been working on some different pieces from what I normally post. I have a good amount of semi-precious stone beads that were in my grandmother's jewelry supplies, so I've been working on making a few beaded necklaces. While I haven't photographed the pieces I hope to add to my shop, I have photographed two pieces that I made recently, one a gift for my sister, the other a piece for myself. I have the beads to make similar necklaces, and am contemplating re-making them with a few changes depending on what people think of what I've already made.





The first necklace is the one I made for my sister. My grandmother had placed the main beads in a bag with her name on it, and my grandfather and I believe she meant to make her a necklace out of them, since my sister was obsessed with everything chinese when she bought the beads. So I took the beads and added in different seed beads to make her a necklace out of them.

The second necklace is one that I made for myself when I was trying out some different designs. I like the way that it turned out, and have gotten quite a few compliments on it, so I'm leaning towards making a similar one to try selling in my shop. I'd love to get opinions on these two pieces, to see if they're something people would like to buy.


That's all I really have to say for today,

Meghan

No comments:

Post a Comment