Sunday, May 27, 2012

Booth Design

I'm currently questioning the layout of my table- I'm not completely happy with the way my items are displayed. I don't currently have a picture to share with you, but basically, there are two rotating racks of earrings, one at each end. I also have a two tiered shelf where I have three necklace displays (holding one necklace each), as  well as small earring racks and stands on it.

I like all of those elements of my booth layout, but what I don't like is the way I end up displaying a lot of jewelry. Many pieces are just layed out in small jewelry boxes. I feel like while the racks and display stands draw buyers to my table, having to lean over and look in each box makes them want to pass through my booth more quickly. Since I'll be doing my first outdoor show in about a week and a half, I realized that I will need buyers to actually come into my booth, whereas they've always been able to quickly glance at my things as they walk to the next table before.

Since the majority of my items in my booth are earrings, I'm trying to figure out a better way to display them to those who are walking by. My sister works at an antique and jewelry store, and recently got me two of the trays that they used to display beads for pandora style bracelets in. The trays can be propped up, so that the contents can be viewed, without them falling out of the display. I'm debating trying to use these to display some of my earrings in, but I'm not sure how well that would work. The trays are deep, and I would need something to put underneath all of the earrings in the trays- I'm not sure I could get cotton inserts or something similar in time for my next show.

Another option I've thought about using is peg boards- I could cut some bigger peg boards down and paint them, then attach hooks and such to them so that I  could display both earrings and necklaces on them.

Another concern for me about re-designing my booth layout is cost. I am literally broke right now. I have maybe $15-20 to invest in this project. After this show, I won't have another show until the fall. While I want my next show to be successful, I'm also wondering if I should put this project off until the fall, when I would have more money, and more time to put into the booth change.

Does anyone have any opinions on this at all? I would love to hear some ideas if anyone has some to offer!

That's all I have to say for today,
Meghan

No comments:

Post a Comment