Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Beginning

Hi everyone!

To start, this blog is going to feature my handmade jewelry.

I learned to make jewelry from my Grammy when I was in seventh grade. Now, seven years later, I'm using what she taught me to make my own creations and sell them to fellow jewelry lovers, as well as people who just want something to bring a special touch to their wardrobe.

Unfortunately, my Grammy passed away when I was a Sophomore in High School, so she hasn't been able to see how far I've come with the skills she taught me seven years ago. I've been assured by family that she's smiling down on me now, and is very proud of my work.

As for the business aspect of selling jewelry, I started out selling to friends and family. Last spring, I brought up the idea of selling my jewelry at craft shows. My Grammy was very talented, and used to sell her art work at craft shows, with the help of my Gramps. So we talked about the idea, and decided to try three shows this past fall. For me, those shows were an amazing success! I was so glad that so many people appreciated the work that I did.

Right now, I'm in a lull for the craft show season. I don't have any more shows until this spring. In the meantime, I've decided to try re-opening my etsy shop. That shop can be found here. This blog is to track my progress as I venture on this journey to expand my jewelry business, and to show my creations to all of you.

Now that you've heard about my business, and how it got started, I suppose I should share some of my pieces with you.




These are just a few examples of my work. You can find more of it on my etsy account, or, you can view it on my facebook page, Meghan's Treasure Chest.


That's all I have to share for right now; I'll have another update for you soon!

Meghan

No comments:

Post a Comment